Welcome to the Law Office of Carlo D'Angelo – Your Trusted Federal Criminal Defense Attorney

Federal Criminal Defense Attorney Carlo D'AngeloWith over 25-plus years of experience, Carlo D'Angelo has built an impeccable reputation as a leading federal criminal defense attorney in Texas, Florida and nationwide. He has successfully represented clients in U.S. District courts, earning the respect of judges and Assistant United States Attorneys from Sherman to Beaumont, Tyler to Texarkana, Miami, Fort Lauderale and West Palm Beach and nationwide. 

Carlo D'Angelo's Comprehensive Federal Criminal Defense Experience

Carlo has extensive experience handling a wide range of federal crimes, including:

  1. Federal Drug Crimes: Involving significant quantities of controlled substances and weapons
  2. White Collar Financial Crimes: Such as bank fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, and tax evasion
  3. Conspiracy Crimes: Resulting in charges under the RICO Act or other federal statutes
  4. Internet-Based Crimes: Including child pornography and other online offenses
  5. Violent Federal Offenses: Such as bank robbery

Why Choose Carlo D'Angelo as Your Federal Criminal Defense Attorney?

Federal court procedures and rules differ significantly from state courts. It is crucial to hire an attorney with extensive experience handling federal cases. Carlo D'Angelo has managed hundreds of federal criminal cases over his 25-plus year career, ensuring that his clients receive the best possible representation at every stage of the process, from federal grand jury investigations to trial or plea negotiations.

Federal Jury Trial Experience

With a 97% conviction rate in federal court, it is critical to hire an attorney who has actual federal trial experience. Carlo D'Angelo is a seasoned trial attorney with a proven track record that can help to maximize your chances of potentaily joining that rare 3% of all defendants who avoid a federal conviction. In Carlo's most recent federal trial, he secured a very rare acquittal for his client on all counts. These counts included possession with the intent to distribute methamphetamine and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. 

Federal Sentencing Experience

If a trial is not in your best interest, Carlo D'Angelo is well-versed in the complexities of federal plea agreements, which differ substantially from state court plea agreements. He will ensure that you fully understand your potential sentence under the United States Sentencing Guidelines before you sign any binding plea agreement.

Federal Appeals Experience

In the event of an unfavorable outcome at trial or sentencing, you need an experienced appellate attorney to handle your appeal. Carlo has managed dozens of federal criminal appeals and has made numerous oral arguments before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.

Choose an Attorney Who Knows the Federal Court System

Don't let an inexperienced attorney learn the federal court system at your expense. Trust the proven experience of Carlo D'Angelo for your federal criminal defense needs. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation and protect your rights.


Carlo DAngelo Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer Attorney

What To Do if the Feds Come Calling

Navigating Federal Investigations: Protect Your Rights with Carlo D'Angelo, Federal Criminal Defense Attorney

If you find yourself contacted by a federal agent or suspect that you are under investigation, it is critical to understand your rights and seek the guidance of an experienced criminal defense lawyer immediately. Carlo D'Angelo is here to help you navigate this complex process and protect your interests every step of the way.

What to Do If Contacted by a Federal Agent

Federal agents are skilled at gathering information from suspects, often catching them off guard. Remember that anything you say can be used against you in a prosecution, so it is crucial to exercise your right to legal representation. Inform the agents that you want a lawyer present before answering any questions. This will typically halt the questioning and provide you with time to consult with an attorney.

Carlo D'Angelo can help you determine whether you are a target of a federal criminal investigation or merely a potential witness. If you are a target, it is essential to understand that federal prosecutors and agents likely have some evidence linking you to a crime, and you may be facing indictment, arrest, and prosecution.

Understanding Target Letters and Federal Investigations

A target letter indicates that a federal investigation has been ongoing, and federal agents have been building a case against you. However, not all suspects receive a target letter before prosecution, as the federal prosecutor may want to keep the investigation under wraps to avoid tipping off the suspect or risking witness tampering.

If you suspect that federal agents are investigating your activities, don't wait to hire a lawyer. An experienced federal criminal defense attorney like Carlo D'Angelo can help you avoid prosecution by working to get the case dismissed before an indictment.

Federal Agents May Show Up Unannounced

Federal agents often travel in pairs and may show up at your home or place of business to catch you off guard. These agents are well-trained in extracting information from suspects. Consult with a qualified criminal defense lawyer before you say anything to protect yourself.

Take Action and Protect Your Rights

If you believe you may be a target of a federal grand jury investigation or a potential witness, consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney like Carlo D'Angelo before saying or doing anything. You have the right to legal representation, and exercising that right can make all the difference in your case.

Don't hesitate to reach out to the Law Office of Carlo D'Angelo for guidance and representation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and ensure your rights are protected.


phone icon


The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements.  Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only.  The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney/client relationship.